Twitter Question of the Week

Fridays at Secrets of a Former Fat Girl is Twitter Question of the Week day, and I want to hear from YOU! There is so much we can learn from one another, and this is a great place to show us your sparkle!

Want to join in? Just follow me on Twitter, and watch for the Twitter Question of the Week (posted by 8am CST on the previous Thursday). All replies received via Twitter or Facebook by 10am on Friday will get posted with a link back to you!

"What are three food MUST-HAVEs in your kitchen/frig?"

  • Betsy says "mine are fat free milk, cheese, and fruits/veggies! :)"
  • Sarah says "My 3 must have, and I eat/drink everyday are egg beaters, luna bars, and milk. Luna bars are great in the purse when on the go, and taste great"
  • Kristie says "Picante Sauce, milk and portobello mushrooms - but not all in the same meal."
  • Kelley says "Almonds, Apples, Olive Oil"
  • Courtney says "Frank's hot sauce, bagged salad (to top off with steak or chicken or pork), my homemade balsamic vinegraitte. If I can add one more, crystal light."
  • @BrianneLSturt says "Smart and delicious tortillas, grapes, cool whip free."
  • @HeatherSutton says "peanut butter, apples and water!!!"
  • @akean81 says "Dannon' Light N' Fit yogurt, baby carrots, and sugar free pudding"
  • @lynnkelly says "bananas, popsicles for the sweet tooth, protein supplement of some sort. quite boring!"

Thank you for your answers! Here are my 3 must-haves:

  • organic baby spinach (I eat it every single day, all year!)
  • ice cold water (gotta be ice cold, even in the winter)
  • fresh fruit (depending on the season - watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries, apples, nectarines, kiwi, mango, bananas)

I love learning more about you, and I think we all have such great things to contribute and share with each other :)



Today was a whole body workout day with CrazyTrainerGuy ...

5 min warmup on elliptical

A1: Shoulder press and squats on functional trainer
A2: Mountain Climbers
A3: Boxing
A4: Crunches on bosu
*Repeat 3 times

B1: Hip-ups on medicine ball
B2: Overhead lats on functional trainer
B3: Bicep curls with 30lb barbell
B4: Standing obliques on functional trainer
*Repeat 3 times

Cardio interval on elliptical
4 mins @ 150 - 155 bpm
3 mins @ 155 - 160 bpm
2 mins @ 160 - 165 bpm
1 mins @ 170 bpm or higher
2 mins recovery

I walked out of my workout a little sad ... I got my final schedule for personal training sessions, and my last session will be July 25th. I cannot believe my five months of personal training are almost over! :( While I haven't quite gotten the results I'd hoped for when I first started (primarily weight loss), I have seriously increased my muscle mass and decreased my fatty fatness.

I can't afford to sign up for another 5 months of personal training, with pay freezes, unpaid furloughs and possible paycuts on my horizon, but I have learned so much from my trainers. I have no doubt I will be able to continue on my own and reach my goals. It's almost like I made it to the last week on the ranch on the Biggest Loser, and am being sent home to live my life and find my own way.

Well, I'm not going to dwell too much on it because I still have 5 weeks of beatings with CrazyTrainerGuy to "enjoy" before we're done :) And that's 5 weeks to make progress with my weight loss! Anything is possible with hard work, a little bit of sweat, and determination!

Oh, before I go, please be sure to visit Jeannie, our Former Fat Girl of the Week and leave a few encouraging words as she's set to compete in the Philadelphia Insurance Triathlon this weekend! Go Jeannie go!

xo,


"Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person." Anonymous

2 comments:

Fran said...

Hai Michelle,

Found you on Twitter, love your website and certainly will visit you regurarly especially since I've opened my own blog as a sort of diary for my own weight battle.

Maybe you'll visit mine sometimes when you have the time?

Greetings, fran

http://dutchgirlgetshealthy.wordpress.com/

AzLinda said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is wonderful, love, love, love reading it! You are such an inspiration to me!

Copyright © 2009 - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger