Twitter Question of the Week

Fridays at Secrets of a Former Fat Girl is Twitter Question of the Week day, and I want to hear from YOU! There is so much we can learn from one another, and this is a great place to show us your sparkle!

Want to join in? Just follow me on Twitter, and watch for the Twitter Question of the Week (posted by 8am CST on the previous Thursday). All replies received via Twitter or Facebook by 10am on Friday will get posted with a link back to you!


"What part of your body do you love the most and why?"

  • Jeannie says "My abs. Looks better now than before I had both my kids."
  • Betsy says "My legs. I never realized how muscular and thin they were until courtney told me. now if only the rest of my body could catch up with them..."
  • Dee says "I second what Betsy said... for me too!!! But Courtney didn't tell me that!!"
  • @akean81 says "I luv my legs because they have the least amt of fat on them plus super defined from exercise"

And here's my answer ...

  • I love my core - my waist is really firming up and my strong core is keeping my entire body working in synch. I also have a 6-pack with all the core workouts I'm doing ... they're just hidden in the back of the 'fridge right now LOL

I love learning more about you, and I think we all have such great things to contribute and share with each other :)





Today was a total body workout with CrazyTrainerGuy ... I haven't seen him since last week, and I think he crammed a week's worth of insanity into today's workout cuz he missed me so much LOL

5 min warmup on elliptical

A1: Squat with chest press on functional trainer
A2: Mountain Climbers
A3: Chest press on incline bench w/ 20 lbs dumbbells
A4: Wood chops on functional trainer
* Repeat 3 times

B1: Kneeling lat pulldowns on functional trainer
B2: Box jumps
B3: Knee tucks
B4: Boxing
*Repeat 3 times

HIIT on elliptical

4 mins @ 145 - 150bpm
3 mins @ 150 - 155bpm
2 mins @ 155 - 160bpm
1 mins @ 170+ bpm
2 mins recovery

CrazyTrainerGuy mentioned I'm getting a new program on Monday - I can't believe how quickly I've been flying through these programs (we switch up every four weeks). This next (and final) program will be more cardiovascular than weights (3 days cardio and 2 days strength) in preparation for my half-marathon on August 2nd. I can't believe that's right around the corner too!!


xo,


“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” Mahatma Gandhi

1 comments:

iampalegreen said...

Haha! I love it! And I love that you love your core. I think you're the only person that would say that, and THAT is awesome. I'm still working on that. I do believe I SHOULD have a six pack in there somewhere...just gotta get that keg outta that way first!!

I'm excited to learn of your new workouts! I thought I was doing a pretty good job, but then read what you're doing and holy cow, I don't know if I could do HALF the things you've been throwin' down!

You go girl!! :)

Copyright © 2009 - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger