P90X Day 26: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X

Daily Weigh In: -0.2 lbs
Total P90X Weight Lost: -13.8 lbs in 25 days!

We took another hit at work this week - we're facing no raise in 2010 (again) and another unpaid furlough, so on top of the craziness at work I vented about yesterday, I know have this in the back of my head. I tell you, it's stressful!

First and foremost, I am extremely thankful that I still HAVE a job, even if I am one person now covering 2.5 individual positions, and expected to perform as if I'm 2.5 people even though I'm JUST ONE PERSON. But anyway, I am very grateful I HAVE a job, and even better, that I still actually like what I do, despite the added stress.

I tell ya, it was really getting to me - I have not been like myself at work ... I've been very abrupt, curt, and not-so-smiley as usual. My job and what I do is a reflection of myself. So despite having 2.5 jobs and the knowledge that I will most likely never get it ALL done in a normal workweek, I take it personally when I cannot complete all of my projects, or if someone asks me for assistance or a report and I can't complete it right away. I feel like a failure. Harsh, but true.

This will sound TOTALLY stupid, but I finally realized that I'm just one person. I can only do what I can do. I can only control what I can control. For a control freak and General Manager of the Universe wannabee, this is very hard for me to say. LOL

However, once I really acknowledged and BELIEVED in it, things are looking much better. I started this new attitude yesterday, and it was miraculous! The job hasn't changed, the responsibilites haven't changed, the situation hasn't changed. But I have.

I think this is something that we will all go through - not necessarily about work, but it could be a family situation at home, or what we're going through on our wellness journeys.

Regardless of everything that is going on, the ONE THING we can count on to be able to control and manage - is ourselves. Think about it ... I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me!

xo,


I love helping people achieve their wellness and fitness dreams as an Independent Beachbody Coach. There is NO COST to you for me to be your Coach. Contact me for more information!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger