Instant gratification :)

I feel weird blogging about instant gratification, because it's instant gratification that landed me in a vat of hot fudge, with close to 300 lbs on my 5'4" frame.

But the kind of instant gratification I'm talking about is much, much better ... I'm sure you've noticed that I just haven't been blogging as much as I used to. It's not that I've dived back into that vat of hot fudge, it's that I have found a new lease on life, and find it very very hard to sit in front of my pc to blog every day. I'm out there doing the things I've always dreamed and desired to do, and as I'm sure all of my blogging friends can attest to, blogging can seriously take a chunk out of your day.

That's where instant gratification comes in. I have become somewhat addicted to my iPhone and the ease in tweeting a motivational quote, or what I'm thinking/feeling/doing/eating at any given time. I love the instant gratification I get of someone tweeting me, and feel like I'm able to connect to more people on a daily basis via Twitter.

I will continue to post Mental Monday, the Biggest Loser Diary (on Tuesdays), Recipe of the Week (on Thursdays), and Former Fat Girl of the Week (on Sundays). If you're new to my blog and want to see what I'm up to on a more personal level, I invite you to follow me on Twitter, as that is the best way to keep in touch with me and follow up with my healthy, new life.

I'm working on my final 45 lbs (gosh, the first 120+ came off so easy compared to the final 45), and I'm gearing up to start my half-marathon training for my 2nd half-marathon, the Chicago Rock n Roll Half-Marathon on August 1st (and potential first marathon in October!)

You can follow my workouts on Daily Mile, or interact with other healthy folks on my Facebook Fan Page, and of course, you can follow me on Twitter!

Thank you all so much for your support - past, present and future! I know with every fiber of my being that I couldn't have done this without you!

xo,

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Michelle. I too am a former fat chick, now competing in triathlon and running events. Well done on your efforts and your zest for life. It certainly is an exciting journey isn't it, going from fat chick to fit chick... x

Andrew is getting fit said...

I've started loving twitter as well.

iampalegreen said...

You go girl! I feel the same...blogging takes a lot of time out of the day when I'd rather be moving around and not sitting at a computer all day!

Copyright © 2009 - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger