Recipe of the Week

With my never ending quest for quick and easy clean-eating recipes, I was overjoyed to discover this recipe in email box courtesty of DietsInReview.com weekly newsletter. My kids LOVE sloppy joes, and with summer here, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen? This recipe is a great make-ahead meal, that will allow you to "heat and eat" in 15 minutes or less!

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Serves 10

2-1/2 cups beef flavored TVP crumbles (frozen)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2-1/2 cup ketchup
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
5 tsp. mustard
1-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/4 tsp. onion powder
10 hamburger buns

No real directions other than to heat and mix everything up, and serve!

Recipe Credit: Christine Watson, RD, LDN



Life has been going well this week, I've gotten clearance from my doctor to resume workouts (THANK GOD!), and I'm clearing out my kitchen of all the junk foods that infiltrated my home.

My son started football this week, and my daughter is full into gymnastics/tumbling, and they are both on the same page with me in regards to getting clean, healthy foods into our home. At 13 and 9, they have a wisdom and knowledge of health and wellness that I didn't acquire until a few years ago. I'm beyond proud of them, and of myself for setting a good example for them to follow!

xo,

"I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." Edward Everett Hale

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

That is awesome that your children are on the same page as you as to eating healthy. Learning while they're young to make healthy choices will really help them grow into health conscious adults!! I'm trying to work with my kids on that too! Great job Michelle!

~Margene
http://www.believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

Love it when the whole family is on board.. makes our jobs as mommies so much easier!!! You got it Mama!

Copyright © 2009 - Secrets of a Former Fat Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger