I'm always on the look-out for suggestions or advice from fellow healthy bloggers, and this article from Weight Watchers recently caught my eye. One of my main hurdles is getting into a rut of eating the same things over and over, which on one hand, is easy and saves me time, but after a while, I get bored and more easily tempted to cheat or worse, fall off the wagon completely. I love the suggestions in the following article, and plan to try the veggie quesadillas!
16 Foods Dieters Can't Live Without
Calling all dieters: Are you tired of eating the same old stuff? Would you like something new and different to wake up your taste buds? We asked readers on the WeightWatchers.com message boards to tell us what diet-friendly foods and drinks they just can't live without.
Now we're going to share the wealth and give you some of their best ideas. And whether you've got the mid-afternoon munchies or a late-night craving, want something sweet or something savory, none of these 16 favorites will cost you too many calories.
1. "Quaker Oats Low-Fat Chewy Granola Bars. They've got the size and taste of a regular candy bar. PB and chocolate are the best!"
2. "Fat-Free Cool Whip with anything! I could kiss the guy that invented it!"
3. "Pitas! I can't live without them; they have so many uses. Make pita chips or slice them into two layers and toast them for two tostada shells!"
4. "Ground turkey breast! The meal possibilities are endless! Whether it's sloppy joes, turkey tacos, spaghetti sauce, turkey loaf or turkey burgers … I can find a million ways to make it."
5. "Hormel Turkey Pepperoni — great for making pita pizzas. This has kept me from calling Pizza Hut many nights."
6. "Veggie Quesadillas — I eat them all the time with fat-free sour cream, and they are so filling."
7. "GUM! Chewing gum has saved me many a day when I wanted to eat, eat, eat."
8. "Folgers Cafe Latte Caramel Groove — it tastes so good."
9. "Grape tomatoes — great for guilt-free snacking."
10. "Tomato juice with horseradish and hot sauce — just like having a Bloody Mary. I like to drink it while making dinner."
11. "A Boca Burger, Wonder Light Bun and Velveeta Light Cheese: That makes a low-calorie cheeseburger I can't live without!"
12. "Diet Root Beer — add a scoop of light vanilla ice cream and have a root beer float."
13. "Pirate's Booty (snack food by Robert's American Gourmet). Wish this little goodie wasn't so popular because my supermarket constantly runs out of it."
14. "Sweet potatoes sliced into strips and 'fried' in a pan with Pam. Yum!"
15. "Splenda! I use it in coffee, desserts, cinnamon toast … anything! It's wonderful."
16. "Nonfat chocolate pudding with just a dollop of light or nonfat whipped cream … so creamy it should be illegal."