Fridays at Secrets of a Former Fat Girl is Twitter Question of the Week day, and I want to hear from YOU! There is so much we can learn from one another, and this is a great place to show us your sparkle!
Want to join in? Just follow me on Twitter, and watch for the Twitter Question of the Week (posted by 8am CST on the previous Wednesday). All replies received via Twitter or Facebook by 10am on Friday will get posted with a link back to you!
What's the #1 song that puts you in the mood (to workout)?
Here's my #1 song:
- Kristie says: Boom Boom Pow! Black Eyed Peas.
- Kelley says: Jump Around by House of Pain
- Bette-Sue says: Hairspray!
- Chris says: Guns & Roses Welcome to the Jungle, Gnarls Barkley Run and Miley Cyrus The Climb, and YES I do listen to Miley Cyrus
- Deanna says: It takes two - Rob Base
- Tigg says: Pitbull's song "I Know You Want Me" or Black Eyed Peas "It's Going To Be A Good Night"
- Geraldine says: "The Climb" by Ahmir is a great inspirational song that puts me in the mood on those mornings when I don't want to face it.
- Amanda says: This Ain't a scene, It's an arms race - Fall out boy
- Carlos says: california love by tupac and dr dre. "It's all good from Diego to the Bay"
- Valerie says: Best beat 4 working out: "I know you want me" by Caille Ocho (sp?)
- Ryan says: Confrontation by Damian Marley that song is pure motivation
- Audra says: Depeche Mode 'just can't get enough'
- Shauna says: I Love Myself Today" by Bif Naked...great beat and lyrics!!
- HyperStrike Fitness says: anything by TOOL
- Franciska says: Madcon - Begging
- Amateur Endurance says: Nelly - Heart of a Champion
- Melissa says: that would be eye of the tiger
- Tigerlilly says: Shakin Hands by Nickelback
- Merrill says: Black Eyed Peas I Got A Feelin
- Christi says: I have/had two cd's, one was the soundtrack to Shark Tale, and the other A Knight's Tale.....they got me movin' movin'. Now I have some Christian CD's that get me movin and praisin!
- Trina says: Theme from Rocky brings me back from the Brink of Giving Up! A song that puts me in the mood Prodigy Breathe
Wow - we had a TON of participation this week! Thank you so much for your answers - I'm always looking for new songs for my iPod to get me through a workout, so I can't wait to add these to my playlist!Next week's Twitter Question of the Week is going to be a sensitive one and sure to spawn a great debate! Please be sure to check out everyone's blog and/or follow them on Twitter! You all ROCK!
- Speed of Sound by Coldplay, followed by pretty much anything by Coldplay, followed closely by Single Ladies by Beyonce :)
Just a quickie post today ... I got up early with every intention of splurging on a 5:30am spin class - I have seriously missed my Friday morning spin classes - the instructor is so AMAZING! She plays the BEST music and is so upbeat and energetic, I fly right through the class. The spinning studio is really cool - the walls are painted black with a dayglo pattern in neon colors, and they use black lights LOL We even have a disco ball :) It's really fun!
But I "heard" Melissa and Lucas in my head telling me to take it easy, so I just went for a lesuirely walk around my neighborhood instead. I know, I know - rest means no workouts, but I just had to go out and do something! Everything was completely calm and peaceful, and it was very invigorating. There were several other walkers out and about, and it was nice to stop and chit chat with them for a little while. All in all, I walked for about 45 minutes or so.
My shoulder/neck is a smidge better. I took a pain pill last night (I simply couldn't sleep, and it got to the point where I couldn't turn my head to the right without pain) and it worked like a charm! It feels a little better this morning, but I'm not sure if that's still residual from the pain pill or if it's really feeling better after my non-upper body workout yesterday. I'm not complaining!
I'm working a half day, then the kidlets have their back to school physical exams - my girl is thrilled that she isn't up for any shots this year whereas my son is bummed because he's due for 2 immunizations. LOL I have fond memories of running and screaming down the hallway at the Pearl Harbor Dispensary (don't know what it was called that and not hospital) when it was time for my shots, so I can completely understand where they're coming from!
After our quick trip to the doctor's office, we're headed to Chicago to pick up my race packet at the Rock N Roll Half-Marathon Health & Fitness Expo. I was tempted to catch the train down because parking is $19 at the McCormick Center (and my kids LOVE riding the train), but decided to drive instead so we can swing by Arlington Heights and make a stop at the promised land - Mitsuwa Marketplace - on the way home. We are completely out of rice, and my kids will "die" if we don't buy some. Today. Like RIGHT NOW. LOL
We eat brown rice at home, and only one brand will do - Shirakiku Sukoyaka Genmai Brown Rice. Yes I realize it's $27.99 for a 15 lb bag, but it's healthy and delicious, and if we're going to eat rice every day, this is the rice for us. We have a Zojirushi rice cooker that we cook our rice in - it's fantastic, the rice cooks in about 20 mins, and then keeps the rice warm. I grew up cooking rice this way, so watching people cook rice on a stove is just plain weird to me. We cook 5 cups of rice at a time, and it last us about 3 days (my kids eat homemade fried rice every morning for breakfast). I've tried several different brands of brown rice, but this one is the best. It's soft and has a mild, nutty taste. It's also STICKY! In our house - if it ain't sticky, it ain't rice!
So that's all for now ... I'll post some photos on Facebook later tonite of the Health & Fitness Expo and our trip to Mitsuwa's if you wanna take a looksie!
"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." Albert Einstein